[Openstack] OpenStack Satellite

Bryan Taylor btaylor at rackspace.com
Tue Sep 27 06:27:51 UTC 2011

I just saw Chris Bohannon's talk at the design conference regarding OpenStack Satellite. This is an area for projects that are not part of the OpenStack CORE, but instead that simply support it:
http://summit.openstack.org/sessions/view/3

I think this is an important idea. There's a lot of stuff that can be designed to "work with" OpenStack that isn't essential to the notion of a cloud and so shouldn't be part of the core. There should be a place to put such things. I can see this being the route to generate a lot of code contributions as people try to contribute on the boundaries. I hope people will support this idea.

This email may include confidential information. If you received it in error, please delete it.