[Openstack] Glance unit test failing on SID, bad state for Nova in SID

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Sun Sep 25 10:48:48 UTC 2011

Hi,

During the build process, I could see:
test_add_image_with_image_data_as_file                      ERROR

Any idea why it's doing this?

Apart form that single unit test which is failing, Swift and Glance
seems to build with no issue in SID. I didn't actually ran and test them
*yet* on my test servers, since I want to be able to test Nova as well
at the same time (I'm doing just few functional tests before uploading
to SID).

But for Nova, it seems to be more problematic. The package now builds,
since the debian/rules has:

./run_tests.sh -N || true

So it builds only because the tests are allowed to fail (see below the
traceback: as much as I remember the traceback content, the issue is
still the same as 2 months ago with the test suite).

We had some discussions already about it, and Soren wrote that the
issues were with python-webob and python-eventlet. So I took the version
from Oneiric, built and used it instead of what was available in SID.
Few remarks:

python-webob in Debian SID: 1.1.1, in Oneric 1.0.8
python-eventlet in Debian SID: 0.9.16, in Oneric: 0.9.15

For webob, there was no debian/patches. For python-eventlet, it was
insignificant (at least for what I could see). Rerunning the test suite
after using the Ubuntu version didn't show any improvement.

Since Soren seemed to say that the issue was in the distribution (eg:
dependencies in SID are different than in Ubuntu), and not Nova itself,
is there any other dependency which I should look into? What has been
changed/fixed/patched in Ubuntu so that the unit test is working? What
would be the next course of action that you would advise?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

P.S: After an extremely long period of time, I finally got the
"pkg-openstack" project approved on Alioth, to track bugs as a team (I
was unlucky to request for the project the same day Alioth got migrated
to new hardware).
Please register to "openstack-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org" after 24
hours, if you want to receive future bug reports in Debian. Note that
I'm doing this since this list is a "subscriber only post" type, so it
is a bad fit for sending Debian BTS bug reports.
Please do not use that list for anything else than reading bug reports,
post here instead for any other topic.

--
Nova unit test traceback:

ERROR: <nose.suite.ContextSuite context=nova.tests>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/nose/suite.py", line 208, in run
    self.setUp()
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/nose/suite.py", line 291, in setUp
    self.setupContext(ancestor)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/nose/suite.py", line 314, in
setupContext
    try_run(context, names)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/nose/util.py", line 478, in try_run
    return func()
  File "/root/sources/diablo/nova/nova-2011.3/nova/tests/__init__.py",
line 47, in setup
    from nova.network import manager as network_manager
  File "/root/sources/diablo/nova/nova-2011.3/nova/network/manager.py",
line 60, in <module>
    from nova import manager
  File "/root/sources/diablo/nova/nova-2011.3/nova/manager.py", line 60,
in <module>
    from nova.scheduler import api
  File "/root/sources/diablo/nova/nova-2011.3/nova/scheduler/api.py",
line 20, in <module>
    from novaclient import v1_1 as novaclient
ImportError: cannot import name v1_1