[Openstack] Review Spam

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 17:04:51 UTC 2011

Hey Nova-Core,

A couple of apologies:

1) Sorry about not communicating more about the Gerrit move.  Somehow I assumed that everyone already knew we were moving as soon as diablo was finalized, but I never made an official announcement.  I will try to stay on top of these things in the future.

2) Sorry about the review spam earlier.  I was trying to bring in an old branch and keep the commit history.  It seems that in the new world of gerrit, we're going to end up squashing everything in to one commit anyway so that is not the right way to go.

There is a lesson learned though for moving existing branches over. If you are not worried about keeping commit history in your local repository, you probably will have an easier time if you just squash everything using the second method on the bottom of the page here:

http://wiki.openstack.org/MigrateMergePropFromLaunchpadToGerrit

Good luck migrating branches.

Vish

PS:   We have re-enabled the pep8 check which disappeared for a while recently, so don't forget to check your branches.