[Openstack] configuring network for swift

Khaled Ben Bahri khaled-bbk at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 20 12:45:35 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I started installing openStack Swift, and i don't find more information about network setup.
Please help me to answer to these questions to let me understand how to configure network for swift:

what's the difference between STORAGE_LOCAL_NET and PROXY_LOCAL_NET
Is the STORAGE_LOCAL_NET_IP the ip of the local network? should I publish it on every node or only on the storage nodes?
and The PROXY_LOCAL_NET_IP is it the adress of the external network or not?

thanks in advance for clarifying these questions

Best regards
Khaled