[Openstack] openstack for citrix xenserver 5.6 SP2

Ewan Mellor Ewan.Mellor at eu.citrix.com
Mon Sep 19 05:29:13 UTC 2011

That's not how we set it up, no.  We use a service VM so that we can isolate Nova from XenServer's control domain.

This gives us better

*         fault tolerance - we can restart the whole VM if we need to, without disturbing the rest of the host

*         performance isolation - we can impose quality-of-service restrictions on the service VM, and

*         security - the two control planes can be isolated.

It also means that we can run a modern distro in the service VM while the control domain stays with something older and stable.

Cheers,

Ewan.