[Openstack] openstack for citrix xenserver 5.6 SP2

Rafi Khardalian rafi at metacloud.com
Mon Sep 19 01:43:18 UTC 2011

The only document covering the subject is here:

http://wiki.openstack.org/XenServerDevelopment

Support for Xenserver seems more like a work-in-progress than anything I
would consider using in a production environment.  XAPI plugins need to be
installed on each hypervisor's dom0 with an associated nova-compute instance
also running as a domU (one per pool is not sufficient, AFAIK).  After
battling with it for almost a week, I gave up and decided to go with KVM.
 Thus far I've been rather pleased with the combination.

If anyone has more information about this, I'd be happy to be wrong.

Rafi