[Openstack] Essex sessions

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 17:03:08 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Brian Lamar <brian.lamar at rackspace.com> wrote:
> Hey Matt,
>
> I don't have the "how" and "why" something gets approved, but I do know that I asked for a timeline when proposals opened and this is what I got from Thierry:
>
> Propose sessions (Sep 6 - Sep 27)
> Review sessions (Sep 12 - Sep 29)
> Schedule sessions (Sep 27 - Oct 2)
>
> So it looks like this was the first week of reviewing/approving. I'm also curious who chooses the sessions, if someone can elaborate on that. I need to know who to bribe!

I believe the PTLs (Devin, Ziad, myself, John Dickinson, and Vish) +
the release manager Thierry are the ones who will discuss and approve
things. Unless there is a flood of session proposals, it's unlikely
that any proposals will be rejected -- unless they overlap with other
session topics or simply aren't design-summit focused (i.e. they are
more for the OpenStack conference, which is less of a working event
and more of a traditional conference)

Cheers!
jay