[Openstack] New York meetup

Ross Cooney ross.cooney at stormmq.com
Fri Sep 16 13:17:54 UTC 2011

Hi List,

I want to introduce myself to the OpenStack community.

I work with a team of UK and Ireland based developers on a cloud based
message queue service built around the AMQP protocol. We have taken an
interest in the Burrow project that Eric Day has worked so hard on.  Eric
has had to leave the project and we are interested in taking the project on
and driving it forward.

Our goal would be to add new features to burrow and eventually AMQP support.
We believe that if we did this then Burrow could be adopted as a core
project in OpenStack and be used as the standard communication process for
OpenStack components while also being an application facing MQ service.

Our company is very active in the opensource community and we run a few
projects, including libamqp.org. In addition we are members of the AMQP
community (through the AMQP Working Group and the AMQP OASIS Members
section). We truly believe in the AMQP protocol and we want to see how we
can make Burrow AMQP compatible in the future.

Unfortunately we will not be able to attend the OpenStack conference in
Boston. We are attending the AMQP conference in New York the following week
and we are trying to finish some software off in advance.

I will be in New York on the 13th October with a few of our developers. It
would be great to meet up with other OpenStack developers. Being Irish I
searched the interweb and found an Irish bar called The Dead Poet in
Manhattan. Are you New York based? If so why not come along and join us for
a pint. I put together this signup page on Doodle.com to collect names:

http://www.doodle.com/m9cki3wt3sdqhwk8

We are very excited about getting involved with OpenStack and Burrow in
particular.

Cheers!

Ross Cooney

Commercial Director

 <mailto:ross.cooney at StormMQ.com> ross.cooney at StormMQ.com

StormMQ Limited

UK Office:

Gateshead int'l Business Centre, Mulgrave Terrace, Gateshead, NE8 1AN,
United Kingdom

Telephone:   08453 712 567

Registered office:

78 Broomfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 1SS, United Kingdom

StormMQ Limited is Registered in England and Wales under Company Number
07175657

StormMQ.com