[Openstack] [GLANCE] Please focus on bug fixing in the final push for Diablo release

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 17:20:23 UTC 2011

Hi Glancers,

So, some excellent progress on Essex features has occurred over the
last week and a half. Thanks to all the folks who have submitted code!

But... Tuesday is the drop date for the Diablo release, and there are
a number of pressing bugs that we should be focusing on fixing instead
of writing features (I know, I know, bug fixing sucks...)

The following bug fixes need attention. If you have the bandwidth to
pick any of these up, please do assign yourself to it or ask me to do
so for you. Let's push hard these last few days to tighten up the
Glance code and crush these puny bugs to dust!

"Cannot stream http image"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/804429

"glance sets image size to 0 for http images -> yields connection
reset error on GET"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/794582

"glance-api fails on image delivery: AttributeError: context"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/814981
and "Glance update for Ubuntu failing"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/779311

need someone to give them TLC. They both have to do with Glance's
upgrade process, and we need someone to take the lead and investigate
whether they are truly bugs, and if so, come up with a solution to
ease upgrade path pain.

"swift store delete only removes manifest"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/833285

Cheers!
jay