[Openstack] OpenStack nova data model

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 15:43:07 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Takahiro Shida
<shida.takahiro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Stackers,
>
> I'm interested in openstack nova design and architecture to extend,
> improvement openstack.
> I wanted to know about openstack in deep, so I searched  openstack
> database schema.
> And I found it.
>
> http://wiki.openstack.org/NovaDatabaseSchema
>
> But, it looks out of date to recent trunk. I'm start to create new
> data model document on according to trunk.
> Please share following
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsUHVTZg__ridEE3cjdrTWZaRGxtSXd0dVRUT0ZsdlE&hl=en_US#gid=0

Looks pretty good. It's worth mentioning that some (many?) of the
tables that deal with Identity information are being removed because
they duplicate data in Keystone. So, tables like User, AuthToken,
Project, UserRoleAssociation, UserProjectAssociation and
UserProjectRoleAssociation may change significantly in the near
future.

Cheers!
jay