[Openstack] [Swift] [Keystone] Account migration

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Tue Sep 13 21:15:21 UTC 2011

Swift uses the entire account string as part of the lookup. Therefore a different account string means that everything associated with that account (account, containers, and objects) would have to be rehashed. That's basically a fancy way of saying "copy the data from the old account to the new one", or, as was originally stated, "migrate". There are no plans to migrate accounts in swift from one account string to another (ie account rename).

--John

On Sep 13, 2011, at 3:57 PM, Souza, Bob wrote:

> John,
>
> If you migrate a user's account ID from uuid to <reseller_prefix>_<tenant>, dhw would you find an object that was stored in the ring based on is (uuid, container, object) tuple?
>
> Or maybe you are suggesting that is bad idea?

>>> Liem