[Openstack] Integration tests

Ed Leafe ed.leafe at rackspace.com
Mon Sep 12 20:45:14 UTC 2011

On Sep 12, 2011, at 3:16 PM, Gabe Westmaas wrote:

>> It would be advantageous for the tests to only use one client, whatever
>> it turns out to be. I think it would be most practical to use a bleeding
>> edge version of Nova client and add any features necessary to it in its
>> own repo directly or by somehow mixing it in with the test code.
>
> My biggest concern in using novaclient exclusively is masking errors in
> both the API and novaclient.  If this is resolved another way, then I'm
> ok.

	There were many who wanted to separate the two functions: inter-zone communication would use a highly specialized, internally-sourced client, while 'novaclient' would be an independent project managed outside of OpenStack, and would serve as to keep the API honest. While this would cause some duplication, the trade-off in cleanliness might be worth it.

-- Ed Leafe

This email may include confidential information. If you received it in error, please delete it.