[Openstack] OpenStack Summit Session Ideas

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Sep 12 08:24:55 UTC 2011

Brian Lamar wrote:
> I've been thinking about submitting a brainstorm session (or two) for the conference where we can go over some 'big picture' items I've been wrestling with lately.
> [...]

Sounds like a great idea ! I'd say you need one session for #1 + #2
(Nova standard interface), one session for #3 (Distributed state / No-DB
messaging, use DB as cache) and one session for #4 + #5 (standardize
internal communication).

Note that the trick of such sessions is to come up with a clear outcome
and plan going forward, which generally means coming up with resources
to carry the plan on :) We have had those interesting discussions at a
few summits already, but usually they end up with a good consensus ("we
should totally do that") but no resources to actually make it happen
during the cycle.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack