[Openstack] Status of OpenStack 1.1 API

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Sep 8 07:09:36 UTC 2011

Ewan Mellor wrote:
> I would also add that if we claim that Diablo implements OpenStack API 1.1, and there's a doc that calls itself OpenStack API 1.1, then if those two things don't match by the time we ship we don't deserve to call ourselves professionals and we should all go home.
>
> I'm not going to get into arguments about designing the API up front vs driving the API from the capabilities of the platform.  I don't care why the two things are skewed at the moment.  However, they absolutely 100% have to be lined up by the time Diablo is released.

A lot of people have been working on closing the gap this cycle, but
from where I stand, there still seems to be bugs regularly opened about
difference between API and code.

Could someone that has been involved in keeping the gap under control
elaborate on the current status ? Are we looking good, bad ? Should we
tag all API gap bugs and try to focus our efforts on that ? Are the
remaining bugs considered "small enough" ?

Regards,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack