[Openstack] A possible alternative to Gerrit ...

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Wed Sep 7 15:42:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 11:24 -0400, Jay Pipes wrote:
> In addition, this doesn't prevent anyone on the core team from doing a
> straight close and merge of the pull request into trunk, potentially
> breaking trunk.

So far as I know, there's no requirement that someone have merge
authority on a project in order to comment on pull requests.  Do cores
have direct access to the openstack repos right now, and if they do,
what's to stop them from merging pull requests into trunk?  I think
cores are smart enough to follow the procedures laid down, and if they
can't, well, they need to not be cores.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>

This email may include confidential information. If you received it in error, please delete it.