[Openstack] A possible alternative to Gerrit ...

Ewan Mellor Ewan.Mellor at eu.citrix.com
Mon Sep 5 09:38:53 UTC 2011

I think a gated trunk is very important.  We're going to have some pretty subtle bugs, and they will often be specific to one hypervisor or storage/networking platform.  If we can make sure as few of those as possible land in trunk, then we'll all be able to work close to the bleeding edge.  If trunk starts to get unstable, then we'll end up with people isolating themselves on private branches for long periods of time, and that just causes more pain in the long run.

We're much better off if every changeset passes automated tests before it's accepted to trunk.

Cheers,

Ewan.