[Openstack] Installation errors

bhaskar kotha kothabhaskar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 04:52:16 UTC 2011

HI All,
i have checked * /var/log/libvirt/qemu/instance-XXXXXXXX.log* file.
i am getting chardev: opening backend "file" failed
2011-08-30 10:47:44.572: shutting down error in log file.
Please any one tel me why this error wil come and how to overcome it.

To run instances can you please tell us what is the min hardware
requirements.

Like min RAM size how much required... curruntly we are having 2GB RAM.

Thanks,
Bhaskar.K

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Vishvananda Ishaya
<vishvananda at gmail.com>wrote:

> If the instance is going into shutdown, it is having trouble booting for
> some reason.
>
> If you check /var/log/libvirt/qemu/instance-XXXXXXXX.log, you should see an
> error message explaining why the image failed to boot. It could be
> permissions or a bad kernel, but you should get some info there.
>
> Vish
>

> On Aug 29, 2011, at 11:22 PM, bhaskar kotha wrote:
>
> Please find the attached log file.
>
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:49 AM, bhaskar kotha <kothabhaskar at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> --