[Openstack] OpenStack and OpenFlow

Mike Cohen mike.cohen at bigswitch.com
Mon Oct 31 23:49:51 UTC 2011

Yoshisato,

My team has been looking at this problem as well.  As you would expect,
Dan's explanation is right on target here.  Its relatively straightforward
to write a Quantum plugin that implements the python API and speaks to some
other component (which can vary quite a bit in complexity) that speaks
OpenFlow.

We're going to try to document our experience as plugin writers as well and
publish it along with some open source example code.

Mike Cohen
Big Switch Networks