[Openstack] Push vs Polling (from Versioning Thread)

Jorge Williams jorge.williams at rackspace.com
Fri Oct 28 17:43:19 UTC 2011

On Oct 28, 2011, at 10:33 AM, George Reese wrote:

> You are describing an all-purpose system, not one that supports the narrow needs of IaaS state notifications.
>
> There's no reason in this scenario to guarantee message delivery.

Like I said, there are a lot of factors to consider.  And guarantee delivery may or may not be a requirement based on your use case. For example, wouldn't we want to monitor based on state changes? Missing a message could mean not sending an alert, right? How do you compensate for that if you don't guarantee delivery?