[Openstack] describing APIs for OpenStack consumers

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Thu Oct 27 19:21:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 10:50 -0700, Nati Ueno wrote:
> I tried to generate WADL from nova code.
> I could get all resource URI and method from Routes object.
> However, I could not get input parameters from code.
> (The api method accesses body argument directly. This is also bad for
> input validation QA effort.)
>
> But If we use some annotations, it may be solved.
> Also, It looks possible to generate Resource definitions from model class.

I've also considered that my templates code could be adapted to perform
deserialization as well as serialization.  You'd have to add a bit more
data to its structure to pull that trick off, but it'd show you the
exact structure of the XML input and output for automation tricks like
this.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>