[Openstack] +1, All services should have WADLs

Joseph Heck heckj at me.com
Thu Oct 27 18:20:23 UTC 2011

Jorge -

It's way back the beginning of this thread - A consolidated single website with API docs as HTML pages that is easy for developers to consume. I'm looking forward to seeing the WADL parser, already on that thread with David Cramer directly. I can wait until he's got it in github, which he said would likely be next week.

The docs generated on doc.openstack.org are all in docbook format - neat, but not what I'm after. As I mentioned some 40 msgs back (now quite lost, I'm sure), what I'm looking to create is something like these sites provide:

	https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api
	http://developer.netflix.com/docs/REST_API_Reference
	http://code.google.com/p/bitly-api/wiki/ApiDocumentation#REST_API
	http://upcoming.yahoo.com/services/api/

That we can generate (ideally dynamically, but I'm not wedded to that) from the API's of all of Nova, Glance, Keystone and Quantum - both what we've labelled as core and extensions.

My goal isn't to make, parse, or manually read WADL's - it's to make this set of web pages. If WADL helps me get there expediently, I'm all over it.

-joe