[Openstack] +1, All services should have WADLs

Mark Nottingham mnot at mnot.net
Thu Oct 27 13:16:21 UTC 2011

On 26/10/2011, at 11:17 PM, Sandy Walsh wrote:

> As discussed at the summit, I agree there should be some form of IDL (WADL being the likely candidate for REST), I think manually crafting/maintaining a WADL (or XML in general) is a fools errand. This stuff is made for machine consumption and should be machine generated. Whatever solution we adopt, we should keep that requirement in mind.

I've stayed out of the discussions about WADL mostly, because up till now they've been centred on creating documentation and running tests. As far as that goes, these are reasonable things to do with it.

What do you mean by "machine consumption" -- are you saying that you want clients to automatically generate bindings?

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/