[Openstack] Handling Schema Changes in Keystone

Ziad Sawalha ziad.sawalha at rackspace.com
Tue Oct 25 21:45:08 UTC 2011

Our schema right now is auto generated from the model using sqlalchemy. Whenever we change the model, the generated schema is different for new installations but this does not address existing deployments.

Looking for feedback on how to handle this better:
anotherjesses offered: https://github.com/openstack/nova/tree/master/nova/db/sqlalchemy/migrate_repo

Questions:
- Has anyone used this on the dev side?
- Has anyone used this on the deployment/ops side?

Would love to hear from you how you started it (we have multiple versions of our schema out there, so where do we start) and what was the experience updating versions.

Regards,

Ziad