[Openstack] Most current diablo swift pkgs?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Oct 25 09:08:30 UTC 2011

andi abes wrote:
> I'm a bit confused with the state of affairs for swift diablo.
> I've seen notes and checkins for backports to nova from essex, and
> found https://launchpad.net/~openstack-release/+archive/2011.3 which
> seems to be the repo for the patched packages...
>
> Is that right? Is this the location that will be kept upto date?

No, that location will always contain 0-day packages for 2011.3 and
won't change. This release includes Swift 1.4.3.

Swift has a stable-diablo branch for potential bugfix backport (but
nothing was committed to it). I expect the Swift team would release
fixes to Swift 1.4.4 (part of Essex) rather than to a 1.4.3.1. "Patched
packages" are provided by various downstreams based on their own update
policy, including Ubuntu itself, which (will) build from the
stable-diablo branches.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack