[Openstack] OpenStack Track to Expert

Robert Carr robert at rightscale.com
Mon Oct 24 04:17:35 UTC 2011

Very interesting project and I think it is very useful..  Here are some
quick thoughts of mine:

   - OpenStack Single node (All-in-one) is very useful to test the openstack
   environment and understand how each component interacts.
      - This is really helpful to learn the network involved, TCP, RabbitMQ,
      etc, OpenStack configuration settings.
   - Multi-node OpenStack configurations are helpful when you want to deploy
   production OpenStack environments.  This is where you really learrn how to
   install the software in large environments, troubleshoot complex network
   problems and understand the software at a deep level.

So,  single node for students sounds like a great idea and it takes much
less hardware.  Multi-node would be for students that want to get jobs
related to OpenStack or  have plans to run production OpenStack environments
in the future.

Regards.

2011/10/23 Frans Thamura <frans at meruvian.org>

> I am working to put openstack in vocatuonal high school and polytechnics in
> indonesia
>
> Now we have a single node tutorial
>
> In polytrchnica we have a live production, but still findingout a way to
> scale openstack. Are 2 servers enough or 3 server is the most minimum
> requirement?
> On Oct 24, 2011 10:02 AM, "shake chen" <shake.chen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> interesting.
>>
>> the good way is put the it into produciton enviroment.
>>

>> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Frans Thamura <frans at meruvian.org>wrote:
>>
>>> hi all
>>>
>>> we are working for education material of OpenStack products, and we now
>>> working for single node installation,
>>>
>>> any idea to make someone can become expert by using this pattern.

>> --
>> 陈沙克
>> 手机:13661187180
>> msn:shake.chen at hotmail.com