[Openstack] Python novaclient boot command parameters

Unmesh Gurjar unmesh.gurjar at vertex.co.in
Sat Oct 22 10:19:43 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I had recently submitted changes to the Python novaclient repo for adding the support to specify user_data, availability_zone and security_groups in the 'nova boot' command. The OpenStack API v1.1 spec for the create server API does not mention these parameters. Shouldn't these parameters be a part of the create server API spec?

Would it be suitable to have these parameters (user data, availability zone, security groups, networks) in the 'nova boot' command or whether there should be a new 'nova boot-ext' command that will accept these parameters? Should I remove the support that I have earlier added for the above parameters in 'nova boot' command? I will also be adding support to specify 'networks' at the time of instance creation. Should this also be a part of 'nova boot-ext' command?

Thanks,
Unmesh G.