[Openstack] Git repository for packaging

Soren Hansen soren at linux2go.dk
Fri Oct 21 19:26:33 UTC 2011

2011/10/21 Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com>:
> On 10/21/2011 03:16 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Best, IMHO, would be to maintain python-novaclient directly inside
>> the nova project, since this way we can do a version depend.
> There was a discussion about this at the design summit, and it was
> decided against for now because this winds up causing problems for
> python depends in pip-based installs. (there is no idea of a source
> package creating multiple binary packages in pip, so for people who
> just need nova client to have to install nova and all of its depends
> is problematic.)

Just because they're in the same repository, they don't have to be the
same "source package". They could have separate top-level directories
(so each their own setup.py and whatnot), but in the same repository.
That way, we can keep them separate, but still in sync.

--
Soren Hansen        | http://linux2go.dk/
Ubuntu Developer    | http://www.ubuntu.com/