[Openstack] Proposed amendment to HACKING

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 17:37:36 UTC 2011

++

I also believe the requirements to:

a) Have a single-line <80 characters brief description AND a long description
b) Start the description on the same line as the beginning """

are silly.

I think this:

"""
This is a description, long or short, of what the thing
does. It doesn't have to have any particular length or
lack of length

:param some_param: Description of param
"""

Is more readable than:

"""This is a description, artificially limited to 80 characters for som

This is a longer description that doesn't really need to be here.

:param some_param: Description of param

"""

-jay