[Openstack] Git repository for packaging

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Fri Oct 21 07:16:00 UTC 2011

On 10/20/2011 04:55 PM, Dave Walker wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 03:06:53PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> I've found my way through https://github.com/openstack, and I'm
>> happy to see that mostly everything is there now. However, I've
>> found still missing:
>>
>> - python-novaclient
>> - the debian folder for packaging files (there's no branch for that
>> either)
>>
>> Is there any plan to fix this?
>
> I'm not sure this is a core project as yet.  Currently it's developed
> on https://github.com/rackspace/python-novaclient .

Best, IMHO, would be to maintain python-novaclient directly inside the
nova project, since this way we can do a version depend.

Also, there's no branch or tags in this repository. How do I get the
latest stable (Diablo)?

On 10/20/2011 04:55 PM, Dave Walker wrote:
> diablo-stable only opened for business yesterday. [...] Give
> us a chance, please.

Sorry, I didn't know.

> You are also welcome to propose these patches if it is blocking you.

What's blocking me is only knowing what patch is or not in the github
stable/diablo branch.

On 10/20/2011 07:43 PM, Chuck Short wrote:
> Also with the packaging branches they are still located on launchpad at:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~openstack-ubuntu-packagers
>
> For Ubuntu specific nova you can find it at:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-server-dev

What I'm trying to do here is maintaining my Debian packages in Git,
using git-buildpackage, and then upload to SID. I believe the above are
maintained in BZR, right? IMHO, it would make sense to switch to
git-buildpackage instead.

> As Dave said, all the patches we are carrying have either been
> submitted upstream already or have been cherrypicked from the essex
> branch.
>
> Thanks
> chuck

Thanks for the info, but... I'm not interested in essex (I'm doing
package work in include Diablo in SID) and telling me that all the
patches has been submitted doesn't help, I need to know which one I'll
be able to find in the stable/diablo branch currently in github.

So, let me rephrase my question: how many, and which of the patches
carried in the current Debian package in Oneiric are already upstreamed
in the stable/diablo branch in github?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)