[Openstack] FOSDEM 2012: OpenStack Devroom

James Bailey paradoxbound at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 16:35:39 UTC 2011

On 19 October 2011 16:29, Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 10/19/2011 10:52 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>>
>> Thierry Carrez wrote:
>>>
>>> I was wondering if there was enough interest from OpenStack developers,
>>> users and enthusiasts in Europe to warrant an OpenStack devroom. If you
>>> would be interested to join such a devroom, please reply to this thread
>>> (or to me personally). The call for devrooms ends on October 27, so
>>> please let me know ASAP.
>>
>> Looks like we have enough people interested, so I will file a request.
>> Will keep you posted on the outcome !
>>

> Hopefully it works out!  I love FOSDEM.
>
> One thing that might help the application is to note that you're willing to
> increase the scope of the devroom if needed.  Preference is given to
> requests that cover a domain that includes multiple projects as opposed to
> requests for a single project.  So, for example, you could request an
> OpenStack devroom, but note that you'd also be willing to expand it to cover
> something like "Cloud Infrastructure", and invite other related projects to
> participate as well if you can't have just an OpenStack room.

This would be something I would be very interested in.

last year the Devops room was run pretty much by Puppet labs but they
covered Chef/Vagrant, Cfengine, Foreman, Gepetto even some Windows.
You could cover the core projects Nova, Swift, Glance and Keystone,
then open it up to people like Dell with Barclamp, maybe some of the
Storage back end folk getting involved now like Ceph or Nexenta might
be interested. I am sure others I can not think of are also
interested.

Jim