[Openstack] Metrics around code

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Oct 19 16:04:51 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 11:34 +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Can an HTML report be produced and posted instead ?

yes. Actually, the reports can be made self service from a Pentaho BI
server. We'll get there, some day. Lets get the reports defined first,
we'll think about the distribution later.

> I can't really answer that question, but it looks strange to me to see
> Jenkins up there (I bet he didn't author any patch).

You'll have to tell me why that happens. I pulled the repositories from
github and jenkins appears as an author in their logs.

> If the reports are not pushed, they can run more often. Maybe something
> like "last 30 days" (refreshed every week) and then generating a report
> per-milestone (at the end of every milestone) ? I think it would be good
> to know who committed code for a given milestone, rather than for a
> given arbitrary month.

Uhm ... I'll need some help to I design the query that selects the
milestone timeframe from the database. If you have time, lets have a
meeting: I can show you the database structure and the content of the
tables and you can tell me if it's possible to do this with a query or
more manual work is needed.

/stef