[Openstack] [RFC] Stable branch

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 13:55:52 UTC 2011

On 10/19/2011 04:18 AM, Dave Walker wrote:
> "The stable branch will only be maintained until the next release is
> out." - Does this explicitly need stating?  If contributors want to
> continue to propose changes to this for a longer term, is this a
> problem?  I see it that the branch will naturally stop being
> maintained as contributors lose interest?

I think something like this is worth stating.  It helps set expectations
for users of the stable branch.  Perhaps it could be stated that it is
only guaranteed to be maintained that long, but could be longer based on
maintainer interest.  Anything longer than "until the next release"
would just be a bonus to the stated maintenance commitment.

--
Russell Bryant