[Openstack] [RFC] Stable branch

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Mon Oct 17 22:49:09 UTC 2011

Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> writes:

> Cool stuff. I don't care much about the name, but I'd call it
> diablo-stable

I've set up a branch called "stable/diablo".  The launchpad team
openstack-stable-maint will be able to +2 all "stable/*" branches.

>> > Does the current diablo branch for Nova pass all tests on jenkins?
>> > Perhaps we should start by bypassing jenkins and pushing these commits
>> > directly to the branch:
>> >
>> >   $> $ git log --oneline origin/diablo..d6137fb
>> >   d6137fb Fix outstanding pep8 errors for a clean trunk.
>> >   b0e855e Removing old code that snuck back in
>> >   6503923 Made jenkins email pruning more resilient.
>> >   ba68a78 Don't use GitPython for authors check
>> >   3a63bd5 Add tools/rfc.sh from master

All of those changes are now in stable/diablo.  Hopefully the next
proposed change will pass the tests.

I've made some updates to the wiki page:

  http://wiki.openstack.org/StableBranch

Including noting the new name, and also changing the Cc: suggestion to
"stable-maintainers" instead of the (not active) email address.  I added
directions on setting up a watch, and a suggestion to use git-review[1]
(currently in beta) to push proposed changes to the branch ("git review
stable/diablo").

[1] https://github.com/openstack-ci/git-review

I haven't set this up on the other projects yet, but will ASAP.

-Jim