[Openstack] Bug triaging

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Oct 13 13:31:47 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

With release and design summit duties I had to pause my Nova bug
triaging activities, which resulted in a rather dramatic surge in
untriaged bugs, as evidenced by the following graph:

http://webnumbr.com/untouched-nova-bugs

Nova is not the only core project affected though:

Nova: 85 untriaged bugs
Swift: 57 untriaged bugs
Glance: 10 untriaged bugs
Keystone: 24 untriaged bugs
Dashboard: 3 untriaged bugs

Bug reports are an asset, we can't really afford to lose bug reporters
because we let their reports go ignored and untriaged. In order to split
the load, I started a wiki page explaining the whole process, hopefully
it will trigger vocations:

http://wiki.openstack.org/BugTriage

Maybe one day we'll reach the bottom of that tasklist -- I never went
past step 6 myself :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack