[Openstack] [Nova] MySQL drivers in DB

Gabe Westmaas gabe.westmaas at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Oct 12 11:54:32 UTC 2011

+1 on modifying it in your environment,  this seems outside the scope of
migrations, though perhaps listed as a "best practice" for the deployment
process.

Similarly, I have been trying to decide what makes sense for indexes.
Right now it would be a bad idea to run nova without adding some indexes,
but I'm also not sure if this belongs in migrations, I was also thinking
this belonged in a "best practices" document.  I'm concerned about that
being a part of an upgrade and negatively affecting a deployment that
might have millions of rows in a table that to which a migration adds an
index.  At the same time we have to deal with this when we do other
operations on large tables (adding or removing columns, for example), so
maybe I shouldn't be so concerned about it.  Any thoughts?

Gabe