[Openstack] OpenStack API Versioning Conventions

Brian Waldon brian.waldon at rackspace.com
Tue Oct 11 15:01:58 UTC 2011

Your proposed solution to my example implies we would have to support *all* major versions of the compute API to some degree. I absolutely don't want to track redirects from v1 to v2 to v3 to v4 when we are developing v5. That seems like a painful thing to have to do. We also couldn't guarantee that the entity returned from the latest version (like v5) looks anything like that defined in the requested version (like v1).