[Openstack] subscribing openstack to gmane (was: Re: subscribe openstack at lists.launchpad.net)

micah anderson micah at riseup.net
Mon Oct 10 13:15:17 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to get the openstack mailing list subscribed to Gmane[0], and
I'm not sure if we need some from the Openstack mailing list
administrators, or what the situation is. I've decided to CC the
openstack list to keep people informed of the situation.

On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 21:22:06 +0200, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi at gnus.org> wrote:

> There was no response to the subscription request, so the group hasn't
> been created.

It seems you must be a 'team member' to join the mailing lists at
launchpad. That means having a launchpad account and then clicking
through the interface, this is how I was able to subscribe myself. Was
this tried for Gmane?

> > #gmane.comp.cloud.openstack   openstack at lists.launchpad.net
> >   openstack cloud infrastructure general mailing list

My original group suggestion (gmane.comp.cloud.openstack) should
probably be changed to 'gmane.comp.cloud.openstack.devel', because this
list is the development list.

thanks!
Micah

0. http://gmane.org