[Openstack] How to use glance and nova-manage in command with keystone

Jae Sang Lee hyangii at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 00:45:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

This is my glance and nova-client rc. Change User, Key value for your
configuration.

glancerc:
export OS_AUTH_USER=admin
export OS_AUTH_KEY=secrete
export OS_AUTH_TENANT=demo
export OS_AUTH_URL=192.168.0.151:5000/v2.0/ <--- Keystone IP
export OS_AUTH_STRATEGY=keystone

testrc: (different with novarc from nova-manage)
export NOVA_URL="http://localhost:35357/v2.0/" <--- Keystone IP
export NOVA_VERSION="1.1"
export NOVA_API_KEY="secrete"
export NOVA_USERNAME="admin"
export NOVA_PROJECT_ID="demo"
export NOVA_REGION_NAME="RegionOne"

for example,
-glance-
*root at nova151:~# glance index
Not authorized to make this request. Check your credentials (OS_AUTH_USER,
OS_AUTH_KEY, ...).*
root at nova151:~# cat glancerc
export OS_AUTH_USER=admin
export OS_AUTH_KEY=secrete
export OS_AUTH_TENANT=demo
export OS_AUTH_URL=192.168.0.151:5000/v2.0/
export OS_AUTH_STRATEGY=keystone
root at nova151:~# . glancerc
*root at nova151:~# glance -A 999888777666 index  <-- add your service token -A
ID               Name                           Disk Format
Container Format     Size
---------------- ------------------------------ --------------------
-------------------- --------------
13               ubuntu-apm                     ami
ami                      1071644672
12               initrd-ubuntu-apm              ari
ari                         4005981
11               vmlinuz-ubuntu-apm             aki
aki                         4107552
10               ubuntu                         ami
ami                       524288000
9                initrd                         ari
ari                         7988037
8                vmlinuz                        aki
aki                         4099360
*
-nova-
*root at nova151:~# nova list
You must provide a username, eithervia --username or via env[NOVA_USERNAME]*
root at nova151:~# cat testrc
export NOVA_URL="http://localhost:35357/v2.0/"
export NOVA_VERSION="1.1"
export NOVA_API_KEY="secrete"
export NOVA_USERNAME="admin"
export NOVA_PROJECT_ID="demo"
export NOVA_REGION_NAME="RegionOne"
*root at nova151:~# . testrc
root at nova151:~# nova list
| ID |  Name | Status |     Networks     |
| 6  | rose  | ACTIVE | private=10.0.0.7 |
| 9  | lilly | ACTIVE | private=10.0.0.8 |
*

If you want to know exact information, try to see keystone db.