[Openstack] Creating openstack-dev mailing list

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Oct 7 18:30:53 UTC 2011

Leandro Reox wrote:
> How is the rest of the community going to participate or leave their
> opinion on why some design path is going to be taken, or maybe leave
> their feedback of why an arquitecture change is going to be made. Will
> be an open list ? or just for few ?

I think the idea is not to separate users from developers, but rather to
separate developer topics from user topics, so that people interested in
just one category can reduce their traffic. So "the rest of the
community" can still participate in ML discussions about architecture
changes on the dev ML.

There are advantages and drawbacks in both setups, I have no strong
opinion either way.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack