[Openstack] PPA to install OpenStack 2011.3 (Diablo)

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri Oct 7 13:21:10 UTC 2011

On 10/07/2011 08:19 AM, Eric Dodemont wrote:
> I would like to install OpenStack 2011.3 (Diablo) in Ubuntu 11.04
> (Natty) via packages.
>
> The PPA to use is:
>
>      ppa:openstack-release/2011.3 -- OpenStack 2011.3 ("Diablo")
>
> When I look at the packages available in that PPA, I can find for Nova:
>
>      nova - 2011.3-0ubuntu2~ppa1~natty1 -- Published on 2011-09-22
>
> That is the package created the day of the release. What about new
> versions of the package with bug fixes?

Yes - this is the version released by the project. There was a session
this week at the OpenStack Design Summit about maintaining patches on
released software, and it was decided that we would create branches for
bugfix backports and a process around them. Whether or not OpenStack the
project would cut new releases based on those was left for further
discussion. The primary feeling though has been that the distros would
be responsible for ongoing maintenance of released versions once a
release is cut.

Monty