[Openstack] create/attach volume in openstack

haynes.davis at accenture.com haynes.davis at accenture.com
Fri Oct 7 09:54:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

Have any one successfully create/attach volume. I have installed a stackops multinode setup. I had created instance as m1.small and I see the instances are having /dev/vdb  with 20GB by default.

And when I try euca-create-volume there is no error. Also euca-attach-volume is done without any error. But actually I am not able to attach any more volume to the instance. Even in the admin guide I see volume was created for 7 GB but fdisk -l shows vdb is of 21.5GB which would have been there in the instance already. Does m1.small creates an instance with second partition of 20GB?

Regards,
Haynes.