[Openstack] Creating openstack-dev mailing list

Leandro Reox leandro.reox at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 00:12:41 UTC 2011

Stefano,

How is the rest of the community going to participate or leave their opinion
on why some design path is going to be taken, or maybe leave their feedback
of why an arquitecture change is going to be made. Will be an open list ? or
just for few ?
Will be launchapd the only way to interact with "the developers" ? . The
openstack-operators lists, that i thinks is for "usage and implementation"
already exist and its pretty abandoned.
For us, with a pretty big openstack schema running in production,
participating on this mailing list, is critical for future architecture
designs decisions ( multi cluster zoning, ram based scheduling, nova-volumes
farm ) . And i believe that splitting the list will be end up o
non-attention at all.
We enjoy a lot moderating and helping out on the forums, but when we hit a
desing flaw or a major doubt, probable hitting some strange issue,  here is
were we get quickiest te best and right answer (launchpad questions could
take a whiiiile, and not everyone is checking registered issues everyday,
and an email is simpler)
Dont wanna sound like a change-ressitance guy buy this are just my concerns

Best Regard !
LeanReox