[Openstack] Creating openstack-dev mailing list

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Oct 6 17:35:23 UTC 2011

Jesse Andrews (anotherjesse)(Rackspace)
Jonathan Bryce (jbryce)(Rackspace)
Devin Carlen (devcamcar)(Nebula)
Thierry Carrez (ttx)(Rackspace)
John Dickinson (notmyname)(Rackspace))
Vish Ishaya (vishy)(Rackspace)
Josh Kearney (jk0)(Rackspace)
Joshua McKenty (jmckenty)(Piston)
Ewan Mellor (ewanmellor)(Citrix)
Jay Pipes (jaypipes)(Rackspace)
John Purrier (johnpur)(HP)
Monty Taylor (mordred)(Rackspace)
Paul Voccio (pvo)(Rackspace)
Ziad Sawalha (zns)(Rackspace)

Hello folks,

I've been talking to quite a few developers participating to the Design
Summit and a recurring request I got is to create a new mailing list for
the OpenStack developers to meet and discuss.

There is also a concern that putting developers in another list will
decrease their attention to the bigger part of the community. I believe
this is a serious concern and that it's going to be our role as leaders
of this community to prevent this from happening.

I'd suggest to dedicate the existing mailing list for discussions about
usage of OpenStack (deployment and development of applications on top of
OpenStack API) and create a new one only for developers of OpenStack.
"Developers" in this context should be developers of openstack projects
(nova, swift, quantum, etc).

If there is no opposition to this proposal in the next days, I'll
proceed and create openstack-dev and invite developers to subscribe to
it.

cheers,
stef