[Openstack] Introducing the OpenStack CDN As a Service project

Balle, Susanne Susanne.Balle at hp.com
Thu Oct 6 11:36:26 UTC 2011

Hello Stackers!

Based on the great feedback from our Monday session here at the Openstack summit we have created an Openstack CDN As A Service project on launchpad.

The CDN Service is a framework to enable OpenStack services (storage and compute) to interact with a variety of CDN providers. It consists of a Service Layer APIs, a control fabric, and an extension mechanism to allow open or proprietary vendors of CDN services to plug in. Other use-cases such as Live streaming will also be considered.

https://launchpad.net/cndaas

The group will work towards the following goals:

1. Define a Service layer APIs
2. Understand how do we best integrate with the CDN providers
3. Define the origin server/end-point in a consistent way across all form of storages, compute, etc..
4. Define CDN public URI
5. Create an implementation of the Service.

We have a lot of work in front of us so if you are interested in contributing to this great project please join the CDN as a Service team:

https://launchpad.net/~cdnaas-core

Looking forward to hearing from you

Susanne Balle