[Openstack] nova-compute is unable to contact the metadata server

Shashank Sahni shredder12 at linuxers.org
Mon Oct 3 12:11:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

Here are the network configuration parameters in my nova.conf

--network_manager = nova.network.manager.FlatManager
--flat_network_bridge=br100
--flat_injected=true
--flat_interface=eth0
--public_interface=eth0

Hence, I ran tcpdump with following three filters on the interfaces - eth0,
lo & br100.

ip host 169.254.169.254
port 8773
port 80

but, nothing was returned for around a minute. Do I need to use different
filters?

Thank you.

Regards,
Shashank Sahni