[Openstack] access to openstack swift cluster

Marcelo Martins btorch-os at zeroaccess.org
Mon Oct 3 11:44:41 UTC 2011

Hi Khaled

What version of swift are you using and what authentication system ?

If you are using swauth (the preferred one), you need to make sure you have the "default_swift_cluster" properly defined within the "[filter:swauth]" section of the proxy config.

Ex:
default_swift_cluster = local#http://EXTERNAL_ADDR:PORT/v1#http://127.0.0.1:PORT/v1

If you are using SSL then replace HTTP for HTTPS

Now you can either create a new account which will have the proper cluster URL or you need to use the "swauth-set-account-service" tool to change the storage url for the old account.

Marcelo Martins
Openstack-swift
btorch-os at zeroaccess.org

“Knowledge is the wings on which our aspirations take flight and soar. When it comes to surfing and life if you know what to do you can do it. If you desire anything become educated about it and succeed. “