[Openstack] Messaging level auth

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Sun Oct 2 01:18:52 UTC 2011

The question is more along the lines of this:

So say u have ssl enabled, which is good.

But should all actions/messages on the message queue also be verified before they are applied as coming from the correct user?

Say u have an initial API call that says make me a server for user X.

Now the scheduler gets that, it should then again verify that X can make a server (and so on).

This kind of verification (time sensitive also) should seem like it would be useful, complimenting SSL for each component that receives a message.

This would stop malicious (or limit) users hacking the message queue and spawning requests themselves. Just a thought.