[Openstack] Cloud Computing StackExchange site proposal

Lloyd Dewolf lloydostack at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 01:37:57 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Stefano Maffulli
<stefano at openstack.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 10:10 -0800, Lloyd Dewolf wrote:
>> Where do I find this previous discussion?
>
> around here:
> https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg02169.html
>
> What do you think of the requirements we're gathering for the Q&A
> system? I'd like your opinion on that as we move on.

Thanks Stefano. I really like everyone reframing the discussion to
figure out what our needs are as opposed to ... shiny!

I do think stackexchange (SE) is miles [1] ahead and the only system
that will meet the majority of our requirements.

If we can get our own Area51 then it's by far the best immediate solution.

I spoke to a friend at Area51, and he suggested we might have
different results if we tried again. So I feel like this is on the
table if we want to pursue.

Of course, having very active SE participants (high reputation) put
the proposal forward and committing to it carries a lot of weight.

My reputation [2] is weak today, but I'm sure myself and others could
ramp up the levels quickly over the next few months.

Cheers,
Lloyd

--
1. See I'm getting used to United States customary units,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customary_units