[Openstack] Database stuff

Jason Kölker jkoelker at rackspace.com
Tue Nov 29 15:49:52 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 16:20 +0100, Soren Hansen wrote:

> It seems I've talked myself into preferring option e). It's too much
> work to do on my own, though, and it's going to be disruptive, so we
> need to do it real soon. I think it'll be worth it, though.

I agree. This will also make it easier to swap out the storage with
other Non-SQLAlchemy datastores *cough* ElasticSearch *cough*.

On the network side of things, I've spend the last few weeks "untie-ing"
network FK's and joinloads for the untie-nova-network-models blueprint.
Those will be merge prop'd as soon as I get some merge conflicts squared
away.

Also Trey is working on a standardized "Network Model" objects that is
really just a dict++ so serialization is easy. Our plan on in the
network fiefdom is to pass around only these objects eventually to get
us off relying on the underlying SQLAlchemy objects.

Happy Hacking!

7-11