[Openstack] After each meeting -was- Re: [QA] Team IRC meeting moved back one hour

Lloyd Dewolf lloydostack at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 17:24:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 7:34 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
> Lloyd Dewolf wrote:
>> It would be dope if after each meeting there was a post to the list
>> with only the highlights (bait!), and a link to the fully summary, and
>> the log.
>
> Sounds great... Are you volunteering ?

I'm ramping up my participation as quickly as possible though I'm also
pragmatic. OpenStack will enjoy my participation for years, if I
ensure that Piston Cloud is successful.

> Kidding aside, the main reason we are not doing that is that redacting
> highlights takes time and we all have other more pressing things to
> do... People who care enough usually read the summaries and logs, and
> the additional value of redacted summaries is not enough.

I disagree with what you wrote, but suspect we actually agree on the concepts.

I involuntary shudder [1] when I read "we all have other more pressing
thing". On the other hand saying, "this didn't happen today, because
this specific priority *unexpected* needed to be done" is completely
understandable. Do you agree?

The last part of any meeting I participate in will always be an
attempt to articulate at least what the themes where. Sharing that is
all I'm asking, and providing the links, so we are regularly
encouraged to participate ;-)

Unless someone loves being the chair, I enjoy when the chair rotates
for each meeting.

Thank you,
Lloyd

--